March 07, 2014

Docile Deepika Singh and Ravishing Rashami Desai talks about Women on International Women’s Day


To celebrate women's triumph all over the nations, International Women's Day has been observed on March 8th since in the early 1900's. In celebration of this lovely day of womanhood, we caught up with two beautiful TV actresses Docile Deepika Singh and Ravishing Rashami Desai...

After doing several Bhojpuri films, ravishing Rashami Desai made her debut on small screen in 'Pari Hoon Main' for Star One. But this natural actress shot to fame by playing the sheer negative character of Tapasya in Colors' long running show Uttaran. She was earlier known as Shivani Desai, but after consulting her astrologer she changed it to Rashami.

Does one need a special International Women’s day to celebrate the cause of women?
Actually people should celebrate the cause of women everyday considering the number of crimes happening over the time, but yes with a specific day allotted to this cause, it gives a heavier weight-age to the whole cause and brings it to light. The specific celebration does leave a heavy impact on people. It is good to remind everyone of this day so more awareness is there..

What in your opinion is the biggest advantage of being a woman?
I feel women are the tigress' who can shield anything and anyone from dangers. I feel a woman is the perfect blend of love, compassion, care, warmth, bravery, courage, patience, endurance and purity! The advantages of being woman are that she can understand everyone emotionally and be as caring as one can be. The eternal power of multi tasking everything in her life, be it career and personal life because God made her to balance out the universe. Women is very strong and she can make the world go round with a smile.

Eve-teasing, physical abuse and even rape are very common social problems. What one piece of advice would you give to the Women to fight back?
Precaution is better than cure, I feel every woman should be cautious each and every moment and be in places and with people that are safe. Also in today's era we can voice our opinion and revolt against the crimes happening, woman should not keep quiet and fight against the injustice. Women should not let anyone take advantage of her in any way. One should not travel alone at night through secluded areas and lanes in any city. She can carry red pepper spray along with a perfume bottle.

Tell us about the woman who changed your life.
My mother without a doubt, she has believed in me since childhood and let me do whatever I was passionate about. She is my backbone and my hero. She made me into a better person and inculcated values in me.  Life is all about loving your mother. .My mother is my support system.

The actresses you look up to as a source of inspiration?
Madhuri Dixit, I used to imitate her in front of the mirror as a child and danced on her numbers. She inspires me, her grace, dancing, smile, acting and reality. That humility and poise is magical. I want to be like her. She is a perfect woman in every sense of the word.

What can society at large do, to improve the lot of women in our country?
The first step should be of educating and empowering women with the knowledge and social rights awareness.  The society should protect any woman who is being harassed in their presence, Police forces should look after woman safety. Women are as competent as man. Education should be a priority.

Any situation you faced, when you are considered weak?
I was a little child in school there was a lot of child kidnapping and trafficking going on and my mother was afraid of me getting kidnapped a few times, but my seniors were kind enough to drop me to my classroom.

What makes you think that women can take over men?
Women have the sensitivity and patience to handle any situation, Women can achieve the same career goals that men do and also the personal goals as well. I don't see where women lag behind. Women are all-rounder and good at multi-tasking. Women can cook at home and be a boss in an office or have a career of her own and yet not neglecting the home.

Message to our readers..
Please be aware and make everyone around you aware of women rights and safety, avoid being in lonely and conspicuous places when it doesn't feel like a safe time. Women are those who make your home, please don't break them with brutal injustice and abuse. Realize your potential. Recognize your strengths. Don’t compromise in anything. Be happy from within and don’t forget it’s your right to be happy and love yourself as well.

Deepika Singh is well known as Sandhya of Diya Aur Baati Hum. The show has managed to be on the top of TRP charts for two years at a stretch and is no doubt one of the most successful show of Star Plus. Though this is Deepika's first daily soap, yet from the day one she is enthralling the audience with a power packed performance.

Does one need a special International Women’s day to celebrate the cause of women?
Just one day is not enough, I believe each and every day we should celebrate womanhood.  But dedicating a day to Women is also a good idea, as it gives a chance to appreciate and honour those Women’s, who proved their mettle.

What in your opinion is the biggest advantage of being a woman?
The biggest advantage about being a woman it's that we give the life, we can have babies, and we breed the generations. We are very emotional and are always attached to our family. Sometimes we sacrifice our dreams for others.

Eve-teasing, physical abuse and even rape are very common social problems. What one piece of advice would you give to the Women to fight back?
Do not afraid, be strong and never lose hope. Always remember, God help those who help themselves. Do not wait for some else to come and fight for you or protect you.  Do not allow anybody to treat you like a piece of meat. Learn martial arts to defend yourself in the event of a physical abuse or rape.

Tell us about the woman who changed your life.
My mom Rani Singh. She has always been a pillar of strength and a source of inspiration. She taught me to stay strong in any condition.

The actresses you look up to as a source of inspiration?
I look up poise and polished acting skills of Shabana Azmi. From 'Ankur' to her last released film 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist', she always motivated me to act better and better. Also Priyanka Chopra inspires me because she has a fire within.

Any situation you faced, when you are considered weak?
Waise toh I was never considered weak but there was a time when my dad faced some issue in his factory. I was 18 years then.  I expressed my wish to join factory to share his work load.  Like a protective father, he didn’t want me to deal with the labour at such an early age.  So he asked me to concentrate on my studies. At that time once my mom expressed without saying a word that agar ladka hota toh it would be better.  But it was just her fleeting thought.

What makes you think that women can take over men?
I do not believe in the concept of woman taking over man or vice versa.  I'm an equalist not a feminist.

Message to our readers..
Love yourself and follow your dreams. And thanks for your continued support, I am nothing without you.

-K Himaanshu Shukla...

Also Read:



Copyright © 2014 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

No comments:

Post a Comment